Welcome!

This independence is my license to do what I love to live for: to write and create uncompromisingly. It's a free rocking world after all and there's so much to discover and unravel in the independent scene where I struggle to live, thrive and survive each day. It's the very essence of living la vida boho-- embracing and celebrating freedom with nothing but this drive and creativity to make things happen. And from my undying romance with the written word to this growing affair with my beadworks, I'm falling hard again as an indiependesigner (I don't know if the term makes sense to anyone but it's just me and this awakened interest to pen down every moment of designing my so-called indie-boho explorations). In short, let me craft a story for you-- could be my own or my valuable indie finds deserving of the world's attention. Enjoy trotting the independent road! And for the record, all expressed here are in my own words-- my thoughts, my views, my say on what I think matters.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Junk planner & more plans for Mother Earth

I started the year green by working on some eco-friendly projects on top of planning a series of environmental activities for 2012. As we're being told time and again, each of us can do our part to save the earth and I think more and more of us (at least the artists, entrepreneurs, advocates, and individuals I get acquainted to every now and then ) are treading this direction.  Yet more than our personal ways of going earth-friendly, I strongly wish that there will be serious efforts this year, especially from the government, to address the alarming problems that remain to be a threat  to Mother Nature and to many innocent lives. I hope that we can all make 2012 happier and better for our dear planet.

Here's my first step to rocking the earth as the new year unfolds. 

My NEW PLANNER from a VERY OLD MAGAZINE!

With RHCP as my inside back cover, I knew I'm gonna rock this thing. So there, my JUNK PLANNER! 



Here are the inside pages with interesting and hilarious lines from articles gone mad. I printed the monthly calendars on recycled colored papers, put blank notes from old planners and improvised a green cord bookmark.  


  












Bonus pages to write on....



Secret pocket to insert loose papers




Outside back cover with calendar pocket for cards and pen



Back cover
 More green plans this year....

Work in progress for my BeadWords Josie : ECO-FILM BAGS from upcycled eco bags, plastic cover from an old desk calendar  and movie publicity photos I collected from stories/press releases I wrote and edited. 

For Rock for Humanity (RHum), our volunteer group, we will have a series of tree-planting bazaars to benefit Mother Earth. We're calling the project THREE for TREES wherein we will hold three bazaars dedicated to grow trees. We have scheduled the events on three Sundays starting February 19, March 18 and April 15 at Bulwagang Claret, U.P. Village, Q.C. This will also be part of our fundraising efforts for environmental NGO Greenpeace.  Participating sellers will have the opportunity to sponsor seedlings and participate in the actual tree planting activities to kick off on April 22 in celebration of Earth Day. (For details and inquiries, email rhumobile@gmail.com.)


Time to ROCK the EARTH everyone! I know we can make things happen in 2012!

All in my own words-- my thoughts, my views, my say on what matters!


2 comments:

  1. I love this cool & artsy planner, Beng! Wish I had the time and creativity to make something this awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lhot! Just feeling crafty lately. Go create one in between deadlines. =)

      Delete