Welcome!

This independence is my license to do what I love to live for: to write and create uncompromisingly. It's a free rocking world after all and there's so much to discover and unravel in the independent scene where I struggle to live, thrive and survive each day. It's the very essence of living la vida boho-- embracing and celebrating freedom with nothing but this drive and creativity to make things happen. And from my undying romance with the written word to this growing affair with my beadworks, I'm falling hard again as an indiependesigner (I don't know if the term makes sense to anyone but it's just me and this awakened interest to pen down every moment of designing my so-called indie-boho explorations). In short, let me craft a story for you-- could be my own or my valuable indie finds deserving of the world's attention. Enjoy trotting the independent road! And for the record, all expressed here are in my own words-- my thoughts, my views, my say on what I think matters.

Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Flip Side of My Room

I just wanted to get rid of it and I didn't know how so I just flipped it sidewards to begin my first step to change during these last few days of 2011. I'm speaking about my big wooden table which served me well for years: both for beating and beading deadlines.  Out of this sheer laziness to bring it out of my room, I let it rest against the wall with all four sturdy feet sticking out.  And I never have imagined it would be more functional, not to mention oddly interesting, that way.    

JUST LOOK!
Opting for a smaller work table, I picked this old sewing machine  named Aurora and gave it a better role of cradling my most precious stuff I love to stare at every minute of the day...


Finally, less clutter!


And I keep adding things that matter most: these creative bits and pieces that I couldn't live without...

My favorite bead creations by fellow artists and myself. This rain stick I snatched from Baguio. This lovely fabric gifted by a good soul from Zamboangga.  

My first-ever bazaar invitation and I was so lucky to get a free booth! This got me hooked to joining more bazaars since then. Still think that bazaar & music rock together! :)
I will always be inspired even if life is hard.

Bottles, beads & RHum. Art, ideas and passion. Freedom from corporate greed and I'm just happy I chose this path.
 
 Learning fabric jewelry and beaded bags.

What I've been reading... and "Wasted" was a good read on Christmas Eve. Yes, I just couldn't give up my "funny" dark side..
 
But today... "I was brought to my senses..I was blind but now that I can see... every signpost in nature said you belong to me."

Love, I mean Sting, I guess made me see the light.
 And I just love waking up to the sight and thought of crafting beautiful possibilities everyday...


 



Yeah I'm blogging now and this is a good sign. I think I'm gonna bead...and I'm gonna write some more in 2012. 


No comments:

Post a Comment